Where is our conscience?
The Arctic is warming about twice as fast as the global average, causing the ice that polar bears depend on to melt away, All of this is happening due to humans carelessly and selfishly carrying out the activities of industrialisation, deforestation, Burning coal, oil etc . My artwork depicts the polar bears drowning under all this pressure due to the selfishness of such human activities done without any regard for them.
The materials used -
- Pottery clay- polar bear
- Waste wax from candles - icebergs
- Dried up floral foam - iceberg
- Waste cardboard boxes - buildings
- Used up iPhone wire ( no longer in use) - the wire suffocating the polar bear
- Waste tape , garbage bag, plastic used from waste packaging material
- used Batteries
- Pieces of CD
- Bubble wrap
Collage by student of Suncity School. Gurgaon, India
Arzoi Duggal | 17 | India